Geographic Information System (GIS)
A geographic information system (GIS) is a system that creates, stores, manages, analyzes, and maps all types of data. GIS connects data to a map, integrating location data (where things are) with all types of descriptive information (what things are like there). This provides a foundation for mapping and analysis that is used in science and almost every industry. GIS helps users understand patterns, relationships, and geographic context. The benefits include improved communication and efficiency as well as better management and decision making, And it has many applications in various fields (such as Surveying, Navigation, Urban planning, Natural Resources Management, Geology and Mining, Agricultural Management, Environmental Impact Analysis, Water resource Management, Transportation Planning, Telecom and Network Services, Accident Analysis and Hot Spot Analysis, Disaster Management and Mitigation, Taxation, Planning, and Community Development, Health and epidemiology, Criminology, Military intelligence, emergency, and public safety, Archaeology and history and …).
The GIS Department has been operating at Avicenna University since 2017. We in Avicenna University following one of the best, modern and up-to-date curriculum of the world in the GIS department which is developed based on careers, experience, and knowledge of our academic board and experts.
The inclusive curriculum of the GIS department are summarized into four sections:
- GIS and Geographical Databases
- Remote Sensing and Digital image processing
- Survey and photogrammetry
- Programming and WebGIS
First name: Hassan
Last name: Tamassoki
Place of birth: Herat, Afghanistan
Date of birth: 28 Feb 1988
2013-2016 M.Sc., Geological Remote Sensing, Department of Remote Sensing & GIS, Graduate University of Advanced Technology, Kerman, Iran
2008-2012 B.Sc., Geology, Department of Geology, Payam Noor University of Mashhad, Iran
Study of geology, alteration, petrographic by using of Remote Sensing, GIS and interpretation geochemical data in the Eastern belt of Khaf – Kashmar – Bardaskan, Khorasan Razavi
Study of geology, alteration and petrography of the Ab & Bargh (South West of Mashhad city)
Study of geology, stratigraphy and biostratigraphy in Tahir Abad and Amir Abad section (East of Mashhad city)
2018 – Now Head, Faculty member and lecturer in Geography Information System (GIS) Department
Avicenna University of Kabul, Afghanistan
Institute of Higher Education Eshraq, Heart, Afghanistan
2020 – 2021 Truth Land Geomatic Services.
Positions held: Director
2017 – 2019 Afghanite Geo & Mining Engineering Services.
Positions held: Remote Sensing & GIS specialist
2016 – 2017 Toseeh Shayan Sharq Engineering Company.
Positions held: Geologist & GIS specialist
2013 – 2016 Surang Parse Consulting Engineer Company.
Positions held: Remote Sensing & GIS specialist
2015 – 2015 Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development.
Positions held: Geologist
Some of Activity Resume
- Remote Sensing and GIS specialist in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study for new office building of Asian Development Bank (ADB) Afghanistan resident mission, 2021.
- Identification the Porphyry Gold alterations (Sistan and Baluchestan province) and Manganese ore (south of Sabzevar province) using Remote Sensing and GIS, 2020.
- Identification the Iron ore (Bamian province) and porphyry Copper alterations (Herat province) using Remote Sensing and GIS, 2019.
- Processing the stream sediment geochemical data of Pariz and Gujar areas (Kerman province) for detection Copper and Lead anomalies using SPSS software, 2019.
- Remote Sensing and GIS specialist in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study and preparation Landuse and Landcover map for Shaida mining area (Herat province), 2018.
- Remote Sensing and GIS specialist in Geotechnical investigation of feasibility study and detailed engineering for preparation of central Asia regional economic corridors 5 and 6 (Salang Corridor) project in Afghanistan, 2018.
- Remote Sensing and GIS specialist in TAPI project in Afghanistan, 2018.
- Remote Sensing and GIS specialist in “Impact of climate change and variability and landuse change on Afghanistan’s water resources” project in Afghanistan, 2015 – 2017.
- Change detection water level of Urmia Lake using Remote Sensing and GIS, 2017.
- Subsidence analysis of Yazd-Ardakan plain (Yazd province) using Remote Sensing and GIS, 2017.
- Locating the source of Dust Storm in Tabas area (South Khorasan province) using Remote Sensing and GIS, 2016.
- Remote sensing studies, field sampling and preparation geological map (1: 25000) of Qzghaneh Bozorgh area (Khorasan Razavi province), 2016.
- Remote sensing studies and field sampling to identify hydrothermal alterations in Jiroft and Qariyatol Arab areas (Kerman province) and Iron anomalies in Khaf area (Khorasan Razavi province) and , 2015.
- Rubbish site location of Mahan city (Kerman province) using Remote Sensing and GIS, 2013.
PUBLICATIONS (OUTCOMES OF RESEARCH)
- “Identification of Iron anomaly and lineaments using remote sensing (ASTER & OLI data) in Haji-Gak area, Afghanistan”, 7st International Conference of Young Scientists & Students, Bako (Azerbaijan), 2018.
- “Evaluation of environmental damage caused by the extraction placer Iron deposits using remote sensing techniques in Sangan Khaf area”, 7st International Conference of Young Scientists & Students, Bako (Azerbaijan), 2018
- “Spectral analysis and identification of lineaments by processing of ASTER and ETM+ data for Iron exploration, Sangan Khaf, Iran”, 6st International Conference of Young Scientists & Students, Bako (Azerbaijan), 2015.
- “Evaluation of environmental damage caused by the harvest Placer iron deposits from Khaf area using remote sensing & GIS techniques”, 1st International Congress on Earth, Spece & Clean Energy, Ardabil (Iran), 2015.
- “Enhancement of VMS ore deposit type of Remeshk in South of Kerman Province by using ASTER satellite data”, 32nd National & 1st International Geosciences Congress, Kerman (Iran), 2014.
- “Analyses and investigation of relationship between lineaments with Iron mineralization in the Eastern anomaly of Sangan Khaf iron mine (Eastern belt of Khaf – Kashmar – Bardaskan) by using RS & GIS”, 6th symposium of Iranian Soceity of Economic Geology, Sistan and Baluchestan (Iran), 2014.
- “Mapping of Massive sulfide ore rock unites of Rameshk, south of the Kerman province, by using the TIR ASTER Sensor”, 6th symposium of Iranian Soceity of Economic Geology, Sistan and Baluchestan (Iran), 2014.
- “Detection of the Units contain Glaconit in Aitamir Formation Using band combination and band ratio Techniques of Landsat +ETM in Chahar Cheshme Zone (Northeast of Mashhad)”, 1st National Sedimentology and Strotigraphy Congrees, Mashhad (Iran),
- “Petrology and Alteracion of Chahar Cheshme Zone (Northeast of Mashhad)”, 5th National Geology Congrees, Zanjan (Iran), 2011.