International Academic Cooperation And Communication
In order to get access to the world’s renowned universities’ experiences and to create educational and research opportunities, Avicenna is maintaining contact and interaction with foreign universities. As per the AU statute, employing experiences of international academic centers and transferring knowledge and technology to help the country grow and develop, is considered a development goal for Avicenna University. From the very beginning, endeavors have been made to make it happen, as a result of which Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) are signed with following universities and academic centers:
- Preliminary Protocol with Tallin University, Estonia. Correspondingly, the contract between Avicenna and Tallin Universities facilitates educational and research cooperation on a number of issues, including electronic governance and supporting Computer Sciences in Avicenna University.
- Preliminary Protocol with Fatih University, Turkey. The contract is also aimed at sharing experiences, building academic cooperation and expanding academic ties between the two countries.
- Preliminary Protocol with Sulyman Sah University, Turkey. Cooperation between the two universities will focus on expanding academic relationship and sharing experiences.
- Memorandum of Understanding with the Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS), Malaysia. IAIS is a globally recognized institute of legal researches and religious studies.
- Academic Affiliations signed with Al-Farabi University, Kazakhstan and Pardis Farabi University, Iran. Affiliation contracts are focused on supporting academic cooperation, sharing experiences and exchanging students and professors.
Above agreements also reflect capacity building and transferring educational and management experiences. Following is a detailed description of aforementioned agreements and methods and areas of cooperation between Avicenna and partnering institutes.