Law Clinic of Avicenna University
Statute of the Law Clinic of Avicenna University
The Law clinic of Avicenna University is established with the aim of justice development and legal interaction assurance in the society through provision of legal services to natural and legal persons in return to fees reception and provision of legal services to destitute people freely and improvement of knowledge level in students of law faculty.
The law clinic of Avicenna University performs under enforced regulation of the country, statute and internal regulations of the university.
The clinic is appointed under the law faculty of the university and directorship of the clinic is appointed with suggestion of the dean of law faculty and approval of the university’s president.
Note 1: The directorship of the clinic is from the academic faculty members of the university and benefits from the rights and privileges of the directorship.
The law clinic has a manager and six departments; private law, criminal law, general law, human rights, legal assistances and law education.
Note 1: Members of the departments are selected from academic and experienced personalities of the country with respect to the field from inside and outside of the university.
Note 2: Job description and remunerations of the members of the departments are based to the bill which will be approved later.
The directorship of the clinic is responsible for the following duties:
- Obtaining necessary licenses;
- Coordinating between the clinic and faculties and the university;
- Preparing internal bills;
- Inspection of the departments’ performance;
- Providing three-months report regarding the activities to the university’s president;
- Preparing the ongoing programs;
- Making connections with institutions, natural and legal persons;
- Attracting donations and accepting presents from national and international resources;
- Making contracts;
- Signing documents of the clinic.
All activities of the clinic is nongovernmental and nonpolitical.
The main branch of the clinic is University of Avicenna, Karte Char, Kabul and can alter with university’s displacement. In case of necessity, it can take an independent office or and can establish offices in other places of the country.
The law clinic has Afghan citizenship and all members of that announce their citizenship to the constitution of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
It is created from the establishment date until an unlimited time.
The preliminary expenses are paid by the University of Avicenna and a percentage of the its pure materials will be spent on expansion of itself based on the suggestion of the clinic’s directorship and acceptance of the university’s presidency.
The budget of the clinic is provided from the aids, collection of the presents, contributions from national and international resources, acceptance of wills and dedications, and from other mentioned activities.
The clinic will possess a special stamp or symbol whose context will be approved by the clinic’s board council.
The law clinic of Avicenna University provides services in the following areas:
- Providing legal consultations to destitute and victim people:
- Providing free consultation and legal services in presence and telephone manner in the field of family law (engagement, divorce, custody, rights and duties of spouses, women rights, and kids rights);
- Regulation of indictment and defending freely for clients;
- Provision of a proper lawyer for destitute people for defending according to regulation of assistances of law approved in 2008;
- Providing legal consultation to destitute and victim people in the fields of cases and criminal responsibilities, gender, corruption, human rights, basic rights.
- Providing legal consultation to governmental and nongovernmental institutions in return to a proper amount of fees in the field of financial affairs for companies and general and official rights especially in the field of corruption, reform of laws, and basic laws.
- Providing the following legal services to law students and legal and judicial institution:
- Holding workshops and educational programs regarding the clinical methods of educating the law;
- Holding workshops and educational programs regarding methods of judicial proceeding and investigations;
- Providing necessary and appropriate conditions for students in order for them to:
- face real cases and assist and investigate for regulation of an indictment and legal bills;
- assist with lawyers and legal consular of the justice and utilization from their academic and professional experiences;
- assist in fulfilment of the plan of pervasive education of law
- Handing out internship certificates for participants of the legal clinic.
The legal clinic invites academic legal personalities, judges, professors from inside and outside of the university, and lawyers for fulfilment of its programs.
Consulting can be done in presence manner, through telephone and internet.
The principle of confidentiality and secrecy and loyal consultation for clients are the duty and commitment of the directors and employees of the clinic.
The following people can be the member of the clinic:
- Academic faculty members of the law faculty;
- Academic and professional personalities in one of the fields of law;
- Retired judges;
This statute is approved by the academic board of the Avicenna University in 17 (seventeen) articles on 2014/09/06.
President of the university
Dr. Mohammad Amin Ahmadi